The following article was provided by the municipality of Limassol in order to explain in detail the development and redevelopment projects until 2020 of Misiaouli & Kavazoglou area. Currently our under-construction project, the Maravista Residence, is located in Misiaouli & Kavaoglou area.
Integrated Sustainable Urban Development Strategy
Projects amounting to approximately €22 million have been approved for co-financing by the European Regional Development Fund, National Resources and Municipal Fund, for the 2014-2020 programming period.
The projects proposed are the following:
- Restoration of the municipal apartment buildings on Misiaouli & Kavazoglou Street and their utilization for cultural, social and educational purposes.
- Creation of a Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the Municipality’s premises on Franklin Roosevelt Street.
- Green walk to the religious, historical and architectural monuments of the area.
- Redevelopment and embellishment of squares (Syntagma, Filellinon, Anagennisis, Nikos Roussos)
- Improvement of building facades (houses and shops)
- Redevelopment of Misiaouli & Kavazoglou street
- Extension of Garyllis Linear Park – Connection with the seafront along the Demokratias/ Alexandrias streets
- Establishment of an Adult Placement Centre
The Projects proposed for co-financing were based on the Integral Sustainable Urban Development Strategy, which was drafted in 2015 and concerned proposals for development interventions in the western area of the city center and more specifically in the area located south to north between Franklin Roosevelt Avenue and Arch. Makarios III Avenue and east to west between the Garyllis river and Vassileos Pavlou/ Omonoias streets. The above area includes the communities of Ayios Antonios, Tzami Tzatit, Arnaout, Ayios Antonios. Tsiflikoudia (part), Omonoias (part).
The Projects aim at the sustainable development of the area, the economic and social well-being of the residents and are expected to help implement the vision of “Limassol 2020” for a friendlier and more appealing city to social, environmental and business activities.
Cyprus’ construction industry seems to be regaining confidence over the past year, as developers encouraged by an increase of activity, feel that the barren years of the real estate crisis are behind them. Cyprus has one of the highest home ownership rates in Europe...
AVAILABLE RESIDENCES FOR SALE We are proud to announce the beginning of a new project, the Maravista Residence. Maravista Residence is strategically located in Franklin & Roosevelt area, between the Marina Limassol and the old port. The project is just few minutes...